NAVIGATE NC is a Professional Advocacy agency based in Raleigh, NC and providing services statewide. We assist clients and their families to navigate the challenges that normally come with aging and with chronic conditions. Professional Advocacy in service delivery requires case management to ‘Assemble The Team’ to include multiple professionals involved in the circle of care. We typically liaise, assemble, coordinate, assert, research, educate and support. In addition our company will lead the regional and statewide conversation with respect to home and health care concerns, planning and service delivery.
This is a professional, part-time, contract position. With our expansion there is In-sight potential for growth in hours and responsibility within the company.
Compensation: We offer pay commensurate with skills, experience, education and professional certifications, expense reimbursement, and opportunities for paid professional training in your field. Flexibility and autonomy in work schedule and caseload are the norm.
We are open to reviewing information from the following: 1. the Part Time-only candidate as well as from 2. the Individual seeking growth opportunity leading to movement within and contribution to other facets of our agency. We invite you to make yourself invaluable.
Education and Experience
Bachelors degree required, Masters strongly preferred, with major in a health care-related field such as Social Work, Nursing, Public Health, Counseling, etc., OR Associate or Bachelor degree in Nursing with relevant work experience.
Required: Minimum of three years of Case Management experience. Candidates with Case Management experience in settings such as EAP (Employee Assistance Program), clinical settings, hospice, patient advocacy or in-home care settings can excel in our field.
Required: At least three (3) years’ experience working with geriatric or with chronic disease populations.
Major Job Functions
Include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Advocates for the Client and serves the family (in that order).
- Operates as an agent in the field meeting clients in their residence whether home, hospital, rehab or community.
- Provides psychosocial assessments of patients and family to identify emotional, social, and environmental strengths and problems related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment, and/or life situation.
- Gathers relevant, comprehensive information and data through interviews with the patient/family, physician, and other members of the interdisciplinary team. Proactively identifies patients/families with complex psychosocial planning needs.
- Assists with screening, identification and management of victims of abuse, neglect, domestic violence, etc. Make referrals as appropriate and serve as resource for family or members of extended team.
- Formulates, develops, and implements a plan utilizing appropriate care management interventions to facilitate appropriate progression of care.
- Involves the Client/family in the development and implementation of plans and ensures that goals, care coordination and planning have been communicated to the Client, family and all members of the team.
- Documents findings, plan, and actions taken according to departmental guidelines and standards.
- Maintains confidentiality of employee and Client information.
- Maintains client records in a timely fashion and in accordance with department policies.
- Provides education and counseling to Clients and families around issues related to adaptation to the Client’s illness and/or life situation. May utilize crisis intervention, and individual, group, and family therapies.
- May opt to participate in on-call or after hours coverage.
- Participates and represents the Advocacy perspective within multidisciplinary teams, meetings, etc.
- Maintain working knowledge of and liaisons with community agencies; may participate in area activities such as networking, fundraising events and opportunities for continuing education.
- Maintains a working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact on Client care, e.g., disease progression, advance directives, elder abuse, etc.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid regulations.
- Uses technology both as a tool for documentation of case interactions and for providing relevant information to Clients and families as a means of education.
- Attends and participate in staff, committee, department, and other administrative meetings.
- Keeps current with professional and health care developments and seeks to increase further enhancement of job related knowledge. Identifies professional learning needs and pursues to maintain job effectiveness and remains current with industry trends
- Provides education to other health care professionals. Educates Clients and their families in a 1-to-1 setting. Develops and participates in opportunities for training within the agency. Participates in the training of interprofessional learners in providing for caregiver training and support. May educate via public presentation.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external NAVIGATE NC customers.
- Displays a clean, neat, professional appearance.
- Exhibits an attitude which promotes harmony and goodwill in the workplace.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line that reads: Candidate: Case Manager.
Our process includes the review of submitted information. Candidates who are a strong fit for our Company and its work activities will be contacted toward setting a telephonic screening interview including time for Q&A. A final candidate would be scheduled for In Person interview(s) and a deeper dive on both our parts. Offers to join our Team will include instructions regarding pre-employment background checks including drug testing and the performance of professional reference checks.